Greystone aims to invest in businesses which would fit, inter alia, some of the following key criteria:
- the business must be clearly understood;
- the company must have management that is entrepreneurial and dynamic that hold a significant stake in the business;
- the business must be focused;
- if the company is an existing business, it must show potential for high returns on equity and a track record of consistent growth in after-tax profits;
- if the company is a new business opportunity, the advantages of the business model must be compelling;
- the company must have core competence and competitive advantages in its industry; and
- the growth potential and/or potential for the unlocking of value should be significant.